Monday, March 16, 2015

Wish in a Bottle Card 4 PLUS...

Hey friends,

I'm back to share the final card for the March Kit of the Month.  I decided to change it up a bit so I could use some of the black and white paper that I love so much!  I also had some scraps left over and decided to use them up so they wouldn't head into the abyss of paper scraps on my workspace.

So here it is...I trimmed down the color stripe so that it could become a square panel. I also threaded white sewing thread through all the stitching.
 I used my Micron Black pen and incorporated a little doodled heart (colored with a Copic)that I drew with the sentiment.  Adding a little abalone shell button finished the card off.
 I just LOVE how the Black and White paper looks with these colors.  So fun and fabulous!

Because of all the trimming I did on the layered panel, I was left with some perfect little rectangle leftovers (orange, cool pool, buttercream and b/w paper).  I decided to play around a bit longer and make an additonal "leftovers" card.
It was actually quite easy to pull the pieces together.  Since I loved the color combo already, I knew pretty much any layout would do well.  I decided to diecut the colored cardstock using the DI-0013 Flower Party die set.  There's a little orange button hiding in there too.  Can you see it?  I got that button (and a billion others) at a Scrapbook Expo several years ago so it's about time to use them.
So now I have an extra card to send out to a friend.  WOO HOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry